HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT (HRM)
Human Resource Management is that field of management which has to do with planning, organizing and controlling various operative functions of procuring, developing, maintaining and utilizing a work force in order that
- The objectives for which the company is established are attained as efficiently and economically as possible;
- The objectives of all levels of personnel are served to the highest degree; and
- The objectives of the community are duly considered and served.”
OBJECTIVES OF HRM
- It is concerned with the optimum utilization of the human resources within an organization.
- It is concerned with the creation of conditions in which each employee is encouraged to make his best possible contribution to the effective working of the undertaking.
- It is also concerned with the development of the sense of mutual respect and trust between management and workers through sound relations.
- It endeavors to increase the productive efficiency to the workers through training, guidance and counseling and
- It tries to raise the morale of the employee.
WHY IS HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT IMPORTANT
- Service is delivered by people.
- Low quality HR leads to low quality customer service.
- In the 21st century, effective knowledge management translates into competitive advantage and profits.
- Knowledge comes from a firm’s people.
Duration: 2 months (Weekend Saturdays only)